This week's Shopify Dev resource is the Code Shopify blog.
If you're wanting to get into Shopify more and are familiar with code, then make Code Shopify your next go to. Cody Shopify is a fantastic resource where you'll find tutorials for Shopify App and Theme Development.
Code Shopify is filled with super helpful insights on how to actually do web development on Shopify. To highlight some of my favorite How To blogs:
- How to use images with Metafields in Shopify Liquid
- Setting Up a Shopify Theme in a Development Store
- Update an existing Shopify theme to work with ✨Sections Everywhere✨
- Theme Customization - Implementing Your Settings
- Shopify Sections : The What, Where, When, and How
- Complete Guide to using MetaObjects in Shopify (WIP)
- Shopify launched MetaObjects in February 2023 - so with this still being relatively new, I highly recommend reading when looking to better understand MetaObjects.
Now, I can't talk about the Code Shopify blog without telling you the brains behind it all - Trudy MacNabb. Not only does Trudy write the blogs for Code Shopify, she is the co-founder of the Shopify agency Up at Five AND co-creator of Design Packs. How does she do it?!
I had the honor of taking part of interviewing Trudy on the Liquid Weekly Podcast. We discussed Trudy's experience in Shopify, excitement about MetaObjects and how she leverages AI to create mockups for Design Packs. You can check out the interview on Youtube or Spotify.
Trudy is all over the web giving helpful information to Shopify Devs and merchants. I highly recommend you give her a follow wherever she is online (see links below), as she has loads of great insights and wisdom about all things Shopify.